Some people prefer their material to have dynamics that can be felt (this tends to
make people "lean in" to the song). Others prefer their material to be as loud and
dense as possible, without concern for dynamics (mixes like this sometimes have
waveforms that look like rectangles). Where in this range do you want your material
to be? (As dynamic as possible, as loud as possible, % dynamic and % loud, etc).
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU SUBMIT THIS FORM:
1. Send only COMPLETE songs with properly prepared tracks. Sending other
instruments after a mix has begun can negate the work already completed.
All tracks should consist of single files that all start from the same zero point
(regardless of any empty spaces).
2. All MIXING, no FIXING / Please do not ask me to fix the pitch of a vocal,
replace drum hits, move or swap parts, (etc). Any fixes you need me to do would
need to be negotiated seperately.
3. Mixed files will be released, and unless other arrangements are made all
session files, sound settings, mix information or intermediate sound files will
remain stored in my studio.
4. All work must be submitted using this Mix Request form as the decision to
accept jobs at the requested rate is based on factors that include:
Number of songs
Number of tracks
Deadline & Amount of Mix Time
Estimated amount and intensity of work required to bridge from the actual
sound of the tracks to what the client expects the final result to sound like
(while it is possible to make an acoustic folk song into metal, it does require
more work than making it sound like an acoustic folk song).
5. Absolutely no work can be scheduled or started until payment is received.
There can no longer be any deviation from this policy due to deadline, record label association,
or any other reason as doing so has always resulted in my being taken advantage of.